Owning the best tree trimming tools can make your work of tending to trees much easier. Using pole tree pruners helps manage the small to medium-sized trees without having to climb a ladder. You have a choice of gas powered, electrical, battery-operated or manual blades depending on the job.
Why you need the best tree trimming tools
Owning the best tree pruner is not an option but a must for every gardener. With these tools, you can give your home a presentable, neat appearance with ease. When you have the best equipment, you will save lots of money that could otherwise be pen on hiring professional companies to remove the tree or prune it. With so many models on the market, you can choose what works best for your needs.
How to choose the best tree trimming tools
– Know Your Tree: first, understand what you want to trim before making the purchase. Every tool is recommended for specific jobs.
– Know Your Tools: you need to understand the size of the tool and match it to the task ahead. – The size of the tree branch to be pruned will determine the blade size of the trimmer. Thick branches need bigger blades and vice versa.
– Safety feature: consider the safety features of the trimmer. There are those that can fold after use for safe storage. Those attached to a pole should have a way to fold for storage in small spaces.
Listed of the 10 Best Tree Trimming Tools in 2020
1. Sun Joe SWJ800E 8-Inch with Automatic Chain
Take out the difficulty and danger of trimming trees with the Sun Joe Saw. It allows you to stand safely on the ground and adjust the telescopic pole to reach the branch height up to 15 feet above you. The 6.5 Amp motor can power the chainsaw to handle even a 7.5-inch thick branch. It has auto-oil that keeps the chain and bar lubricated all the time. The electrically powered chain saw is easy to power up by the push of a button and leaves no smoke or harmful fumes. It has a built-in safety switch that prevents accidental starting.
2. Fiskars 28 Inch Bypass Lopper
For smooth, easy cuts, choose the Fiskars Bypass Lopper. It is comfortable to use and can serve you for long. Its blade is fully hardened to stay sharp. The low-friction coating on the blade helps in rust resistance and makes it easy to use. It features shock absorbing bumpers to prevent jarring at the end of cuts. The trimmer has a comfortable, non-slip grip for easy use and carrying.
3. Corona LR 3460 Long Reach
With this trimmer, you can make precision cuts easily, even in hard-to-reach places. It measures 46 inches in length and has a high-carbon steel blade with non-stick coating. The blade can be replaced when needed, making this tool a must have for gardeners who plant thorny roses among other similar trees.
4. Fiskars 7.9-12 Foot Extendable
For use in cutting high branches without the need to climb a ladder. You can also make low cuts without having to bend or kneel. The rope-free design makes it easy to reach into bushy shrubs and cut as desired. It can cut a maximum of a 1-inch thick branch and comes with a lifetime warranty.
5. Fiskars 32-Inch PowerGear
Enjoy 32 inches of freedom with this light and strong cutter. Its unique gearing mechanism increases the leverage, therefore, multiplying the cutting force almost by three. It acts smoothly leaving no jarring conclusions. The razor-sharp blade has a 2-inch cutting capacity.
6. Black & Decker LP1000 Alligator Lopper
To trim tree branches of up to 4 inches in diameter, go for the LP1000 Alligator Lopper. It can cut fallen branches after a storm with its 4.5 Amp motor powered clamping jaws in one easy motion. For fast cutting of thick branches, it has a heavy duty cutting bar and chain. The electric chain saw comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
7. Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip
The ease of using this pruning snip has earned it the commendation of the Arthritis Foundation. The easy action design opens the blades with each cut, therefore, reducing the strain on the hands. It works well for living plants and is designed to stay sharp longer.
8. WORX WG308 6-Inch Electric JawSaw
For working on storm debris and heavy duty trimming, this is the best chainsaw. It has an extend pole so you don’t have to climb any ladder as it can reach up to 12 feet. You don’t need any tools to attach the extend pole, and it is also easy to remove. It features an automatic oiler that keeps the bar and chain lubricated.
9. Fiskars Traditional
For general pruning tasks, this is the tool to purchase. The fully hardened steel blade stays sharp longer and has a rust resistant, low-friction coating for easy use. The handle is non-slip, and the self-cleaning sap keeps the blades from sticking.
10. Felco F-2 Classic
The tool has a forged aluminum handle that is light, sturdy and comfortable. Its blade is made of hardened steel for precise cuts and easy cleaning. The hand and wrist protection and the maximum force exerted is achieved by the angled head. The tool has excellent shock absorption and non-slip coating.
With this selection of the best tree trimming tools in 2020, you will never go wrong. They are both budget-friendly and have features making them perfect for your tree trimming tasks. The best have strong blades and are comfortable on the hand. With these tools, you can achieve the right outcome in trimming trees without contacting a professional or spending a lot of money on tools.
Table of Contents
- Why you need the best tree trimming tools
- How to choose the best tree trimming tools
- Listed of the 10 Best Tree Trimming Tools in 2020
- 1. Sun Joe SWJ800E 8-Inch with Automatic Chain
- 2. Fiskars 28 Inch Bypass Lopper
- 3. Corona LR 3460 Long Reach
- 4. Fiskars 7.9-12 Foot Extendable
- 5. Fiskars 32-Inch PowerGear
- 6. Black & Decker LP1000 Alligator Lopper
- 7. Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip
- 8. WORX WG308 6-Inch Electric JawSaw
- 9. Fiskars Traditional
- 10. Felco F-2 Classic