A puppy comes to your house and becomes a part of your family in no time. He starts socializing with you and your family members. But you are worried how to raise a puppy like a family member. You do not have enough information regarding dog behaviour, dog problems, health and nutrition, and how to train them. It is not always possible to hire a dog trainer. And even if you hire one, you cannot depend on the trainer for every concern. Hence, you should always try and make yourself aware of dog nature and relevant aspects. Let us discuss some of the best books about raising and training a dog for every dog owner and dog trainers.
1. Training the Best Dog Ever: A 5-Week program using the power of positive enforcement
Gone are the days when dogs were trained with inhuman training methodologies such as choke. Neither the dog nor the dog parent liked this process. With the introduction of positive enforcement, one can train dogs effectively with love and affection. This book is a perfect guide for getting rid of bad habits in some puppies and adult dogs. The techniques are developed with trust, rewards and bonding between the trainer and the dog.
2. Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution: The Complete Guide to raising the perfect pet with love
Okay, so you are not a professional trainer but a parent of cutest puppy in the world. You want to know how to raise a dog effectively, and other health care concerns. This book written by a professional trainer, Zak George is the right choice for you. All your puppy related queries will be solved in this world. Plus, you get an access to the trainer’s useful videos. You would be able to develop a unique bonding with your dog.
3. How to raise the perfect dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond
Mere buying a puppy is not sufficient. You need to train him properly just like you teach your kids or coach students. Your dog can be your best friend if it is trained with respect to obedience. This book explains how to develop a puppy into a dog throughout all the phases. Right from healthy food to vaccination, this book serves a complete guide for every pet parent. This book also contains funny exercises and games that could be entertaining and useful for your dog.
4. 101 Dog tricks: Step by Step Activities to engage, challenge, and bond with your dog
So, you do not want your dog to be just a dog. He should be able to do something value-added work like be a therapy dog in the future. Your dog should be able to sit, walk, and leash properly. Moreover, you also want him to fetch water bottle from the nearby table or the fridge. Well, a dog is definitely not born with superpowers! You have to super-train your dog in that direction. This book is a sequential guide in harnessing the best out of your dog. Your dog will immerse completely in your family as a crucial member.
5. Cesar’s Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to understanding and correcting common dog problems
This book is the right guide for dog trainers and owners to understand dog problems and rectify those using suitable techniques. The author, Cesar has explained the dog behavioural patterns in the most striking way in this book.
6. How to be your dog’s best friend: The classic training manual for dog owners
When we befriend someone, we first try to understand that person’s nature and emotional aspects. Similarly, when a dog owner tries to befriend his pet dog, then it is necessary to understand dog’s nature and overall personality. All dogs are not the same. Hence, one has to study nature of their pet dog carefully. This comprehensive training guide enlightens you with tips and techniques regarding buying a right puppy, grooming, nutrition, obedience training, behaviour issues and overall dog care. A must-read for every dog owner and trainer, it encompasses all aspects of understanding dogs.
7. Puppy training for kids: Teaching the children the responsibilities and joys of puppy care, training and companionship
If you have kids, then mere dog training does not help. Your kids and puppies might have also developed a close relation with each other. But, you need to explain kids how to treat puppy well and along with a certain level of responsibility. A puppy is not a toy but a family member. This book is specifically targeted for kids how they can become good friends of puppies or dogs. Packed with coloured photos, games and fun activities, this book is pure entertaining and information for your kids.
8. The Art of raising a puppy
This books uses easy-to-understand language to describe about puppy problems and techniques to resolve it. The authors believe that gentle touch is necessary to raise a puppy into a well-balanced dog. Comprised of attractive photos, this book helps the dog owner to maintain a healthy and long-term relationship with a dog.
9. Dog training for dummies
If you are looking for a simple and easy-to-use book for training your dog, then this is a perfect one. It helps you select proper positive reinforcement techniques to train your cute puppy. It also gives valuable insights on how to overcome health and behaviour problems in your dogs. With this book you can easily train your dog at home itself. If you are planning to bring a puppy, then this book will tell how to choose the right one.
10. Lucky dog lessons: Train your dog in 7 days
Based on a TV show, Lucky dog, this book shares a training program to train your dog effectively. You can make your learn dog basic commands and other obedience training. You will learn how to socialize with your dog, resolve behaviour issues, and health concerns. This book has an additional highlight of inspiring stories of other dog owners who have faced some kind of problems during dog training. Read this book to happily convert your dog into a family member.
Thus, the above books give a broad insight about how to train a dog effectively. You must have noticed that each book is distinct from others and provides valuable information. If one book tells you how to treat dog’s problems, the other one explains an author’s distinct point of view. Few books also tell how to train your lovely dog within a short span of time. So, if you want to be a knowledgeable dog trainer or owner and expand your learning base, then these books are highly recommended. Love dogs and make them a member of your family. Enjoy reading these books!
Table of Contents
- 1. Training the Best Dog Ever: A 5-Week program using the power of positive enforcement
- 2. Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution: The Complete Guide to raising the perfect pet with love
- 3. How to raise the perfect dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond
- 4. 101 Dog tricks: Step by Step Activities to engage, challenge, and bond with your dog
- 5. Cesar’s Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to understanding and correcting common dog problems
- 6. How to be your dog’s best friend: The classic training manual for dog owners
- 7. Puppy training for kids: Teaching the children the responsibilities and joys of puppy care, training and companionship
- 8. The Art of raising a puppy
- 9. Dog training for dummies
- 10. Lucky dog lessons: Train your dog in 7 days